donderdag 27 oktober 2016
donderdag 20 oktober 2016
English version of the recipe (oatmeal-coconut bars)
- preheat the oven at 160C degrees.
- melt 100 gr. coconut oil in a little saucepan.
- split 5 eggs, we don't need the eggs yolks. Mix the egg whites with the melted coconut oil, 60 gr. honey and 200 gr. sugar free apricot jam*.
- add bit by bit 350 gr. coarse oat flakes, together with 100 gr. grounded coconut and a pinch of salt.
- add 75 gr. raisins and 75 gr. cranberries and mix everything very well.
- cover a baking dish (20 x 30 cm) with bakery paper and add the oatmeal mix. Put a piece of the bakery paper on top of the mix and press firmly.
- bake the mix covered with bakery paper 40 minutes. Remove the bakery paper and bake another 10 minutes to get it gold-brown.
- let the mix cool of in the dish and cut it afterwards in bars. Nice as a snack!
*available at organic food shop.
donderdag 13 oktober 2016
donderdag 6 oktober 2016
English version of the recipe (pumpkin-coconut soup)
- preheat the oven at 200C degrees.
- cut out the flesh of one pumpkin and cut into pieces.
- clean 600 gr. carrots and cut into pieces.
- put the vegetables on a baking tray covered with bakery paper and sprinkle the vegetables with some olive oil.
- add some salt and pepper and stir the vegetables.
- add 2 red onions-still with their peel! And bake the vegetables ready in about 30 minutes.
- after 15 minutes add two cloves of garlic, also with their peel.
- in the meantime peel one orange and get the flesh out of the white skin.
- when the vegetables are ready peel the onion and the garlic and add the vegetables together with one can of coconut milk (400 ml) to a kitchen machine.
- add the flesh of the orange and mix.
- add the pulp to a soup-kettle together with 600 ml water.
- let it cook for a minute and add halve a teaspoon cumin-curry- and ginger powder.
- if you like add some more salt and pepper to taste and if you think the soup is to thick add some more water.