donderdag 20 oktober 2016
English version of the recipe (oatmeal-coconut bars)
- preheat the oven at 160C degrees.
- melt 100 gr. coconut oil in a little saucepan.
- split 5 eggs, we don't need the eggs yolks. Mix the egg whites with the melted coconut oil, 60 gr. honey and 200 gr. sugar free apricot jam*.
- add bit by bit 350 gr. coarse oat flakes, together with 100 gr. grounded coconut and a pinch of salt.
- add 75 gr. raisins and 75 gr. cranberries and mix everything very well.
- cover a baking dish (20 x 30 cm) with bakery paper and add the oatmeal mix. Put a piece of the bakery paper on top of the mix and press firmly.
- bake the mix covered with bakery paper 40 minutes. Remove the bakery paper and bake another 10 minutes to get it gold-brown.
- let the mix cool of in the dish and cut it afterwards in bars. Nice as a snack!
*available at organic food shop.